Keep Roswell Beautiful wants to get the word out about the City of Roswell’s Household Hazardous Waste Day, February 25, 2017. The event, which will run from 9:00 AM until noon, is a great opportunity for Roswell residents to get rid of potentially toxic and hazardous household materials – in a responsible way. Please note this event is not at the Roswell Recycling Center; it will be held at the Public Works/Transportation/Fire facilities at 1810 Hembree Road. This event is FREE.
Check your basement, garage, storage areas, cabinets, and sheds for any of these items:
- Paint thinner/turpentine
- Pesticides, including fertilizers, herbicides, flea and tick products, fungicides, insecticides, and rodenticides
- Undiluted pool chemicals
- Household cleaners
- Fluorescent bulbs
- Propane gas cylinders
- Mercury thermometers/thermostats
- Non-rechargeable household batteries
- Aerosols, including aerosol paint
- Automotive brake fluid/used motor oil filters (no other automotive fluids)
- NO LATEX PAINT OR OIL BASED PAINT WILL BE ACCEPTED (but these are accepted Tuesday – Saturday at the Roswell Recycling Center)
The CARE Environmental Company will be handling and disposing of the materials for the City of Roswell, so materials can’t be dropped off prior to the event.
Only Roswell residents can participate, so remember to bring proof of residency with you, such as a Roswell utility bill or the City of Roswell sticker. Your driver’s license will also be accepted. Also, this is for households only – no business or commercial waste disposal will be allowed.
For more details about Household Hazardous Waste Day, call Janet Liberman at 770-641-3715 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Household Hazardous Waste Day